the world’s just spinning/a little too fast/ and if things don’t slow down/ soon we may not last/ the world’s not forgiving/ of everyone’s fears/ the days turns into months/ the months into years
so just for a moment, let’s be still
congrats ben wyatt for making it to my dream (fictional) boys list!
[other members include jim halpert, jim harper, ted mosby, seth cohen, sid jenkins, freddie mcclaire, archie & finn, lip gallagher, mike ross, lucas scott, blaine anderson, jesse pinkman….. (i could on and on about this list, and this is just from tv. what more from the film and literary world.)]
Stunning Images Of Skylines Captured With Time Lapse Photography
by Dan Marker-Moore
1. No matter how hard you try to avoid thinking about certain things, your brain instinctively goes back to them, the way your tongue seems to be drawn to a cut in your mouth.
2. That big dysfunctional family you have? Turns out, they can function pretty well when the time comes.
3. Those kids you’ve known since you were 14; the ones you went to high school with; the ones you got drunk with; the ones you danced to Lady Gaga with; they somehow became family along the way.
4. Phantom limbs can be people, too. You realize that when you walk downstairs and expect to see her sitting on the computer, or when something big happens on her favorite TV show and you turn to tell her, or when your finger hovers over her name on your phone.
5. It’s easy to keep yourself busy and distracted during the day. It’s harder to do that when you go to bed at night.
6. It’s okay to cry in front of people. They won’t think any less of you.
7. Doing five shots of vodka in less than 30 minutes is not a good idea.
8. It’s a lot harder to wake up for class in the morning when you don’t have your mom yelling, “You’re gonna be late!”
9. You shouldn’t avoid listening to her favorite song. Blast it with the volume all the way up and let all your memories of her come surging through the speakers.
10. Watching a TV show by yourself isn’t nearly as much fun as watching it with someone else.
11. Life is a lot lonelier when you don’t have someone who you can talk to about your day.
12. People want to help. In their own way, they want to help. It can be by sending a friendly message, or giving you money, or bringing over food, or helping you with the laundry, or giving you a ride to the grocery store, or teaching you how to drive a car, or giving you a place to stay for the night. People want to help and sometimes you just have to ask for it.
13. All those things you thought you weren’t ready for and couldn’t do, like paying the house bills and the car payments, going food shopping on your own, driving a car, remembering to do the dishes and take out the trash. You may not be ready, but you can do it.” —Things I’ve learned in the first month without my mom. (via hannahorvath)
Window seats and afternoon flights are the best.
Onwards and up!
Thank you Leslie Knope for being everything I want to be in life.
As Daniel Bryan says: YES YES YES YES YES YES YES